Ride in the Countryside - Full Day
Ride through the countryside to learn about the juxtaposition of tradition and modernity in Cambodian village life. After stopping at a few French colonial architecture sites in town, we will ride the countryside roads and arrive at a rural Muslim village. Here, we will visit families to learn about their everyday life, family history, and traditions. We will next visit another village to learn about the traditional houses they live in. We will also meet an ex-soldier and learn about his past and his work as a fortune teller and healer. After lunch at a family home, we will continue through rice fields and stop at a Buddhist temple to learn about monastic life, before we return back to town.
Full Day Highlights:
- View French architecture from a bygone age andlearn about the country's colonial past.
- Ride over a Cambodian style suspension bridge.
- Enjoy treats made by a traditional sweet seller.
- Explore a countryside village and eat lunch together the Cambodian way.
- Meet an ex-soldier who is now a fortune teller and traditional healer.
- Learn about ancient Buddhist customs and folktales
This tour is for people who enjoy exercising! The ride is about 42 km. The tour starts at 7:30 and returns around 4:00pm.
- Tuk Tuk pick up in the morning from your hotel
- One drink from Kinyei Cafe before or after the tour
- Friendly, English-speaking local guide
- High quality imported Mountain bike (Giant, Trek, GT)
- A crash course on basic Khmer, the Cambodian language, so you can greet the locals in their language.
- Water and snack along the way
- Cambodian style lunch at a family home
Cost per person is $50 for 1 pax, $45 for 2-4 pax, $40 for 5-7 pax.
($32 for under 10 years old. $25 for 10 – 15 years old.)