Customs & Culture Tour – Half Day with Lunch
Your guide will take you by bicycle to witness first hand the melting pot of cultures, ethnicities and religions, that exist in modern Cambodia. First we visit families in a Muslim fishing village outside of Battambang. We will explore the village on foot and learn about their traditional livelihoods, family history, and ways of living. After getting some coffee and quick rest, we will ride through the countryside and arrive at a Buddhist temple, where you will have a chance to chat with a young, friendly Buddhist monk. The tour includes a Cambodian style lunch at a family home.
Half Day Highlights:
- Learn about the different family vocations in a Muslim fishing village such as net weaver, fisherman, and dried fish maker.
- Enjoy drinks at a Muslim café
- Take a scenic ride through the rice fields to understand rice production.
- Visit a Buddhist temple, where you will have the opportunity to talk with a young, friendly English speaking monk.
- Enjoy an authentic Cambodian style lunch.
This tour is suitable for people of all fitness levels. The ride is about 17 km. The tour starts from the Soksabike office at 7:30 and returns around 12:30pm.
- Tuk Tuk pick up in the morning from your hotel
- One drink from Kinyei Cafe before or after the tour
- Friendly, English-speaking local guide
- High quality imported Mountain bike (Giant, Trek, GT)
- A crash course on basic Khmer, the Cambodian language, so you can greet the locals in their language.
- Water and snack along the way
- Cambodian style lunch at a family home
Cost per person is $35 for 1 pax, $32 for 2-4 pax, $29 for 5-7 pax. ($18 for under 10 years old. $23 for 10 – 15 years old.)